How to make your own Nutella
Posted on August 10 2016
When thinking about heavenly hazelnut recipes, this homemade nutty spread is top of our list.
Spend a lazy Sunday (or any day really) whipping up a pot of indulgence using your home-grown hazelnuts in just a few simple steps!
1 cup of hazelnuts
Half teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons organic vegetable oil
340g milk chocolate, cubed
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
A pinch salt (more or less to taste)
Super speedy method
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 12 minutes.
3. Once browned, wrap in a kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove as much loose skin as possible (some skin will cling to the nuts and that’s fine).
4. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over boiling water or in the microwave (take care not to burn it). Stir until smooth.
5. Grind/blend the hazelnuts in a blender, add the oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add the melted chocolate and blend well. Your homemade spread will be somewhat runny while it is a little warm - it will thicken as it cools.
7. Pour into a jar or other resealable container and let it cool to room temperature.
8. Cover your jar after helping yourself to several spoonfuls. Your heavenly chocolate spread will keep on the counter for up to 2 weeks — if it lasts that long!
To send your freshly delivered Hazel tree click here.